Saturday, September 11, 2010

Digital Photography


Digital photography has not been around for very long. We all take it for granted. Just 10 years ago one of the first digital cameras came out which was available to the public and professionals. It was the Nikon D-1 and cost about $6000. There were earlier ones but they were much more money. The Nikon D-1 was a 2.74 megapixel camera. The Canon 7D I have now is an 18 megapixel camera and you really don't want to go much higher for a variety of reasons. It also has about ten million times as much computing power.

I cannot believe that such an amazing technology "formed" right in front of our eyes and most people don't even appreciate it. I am constantly amazed by digital cameras. If I could only have one hobby it would be photography. I feel bad for blind people when I am looking at my pictures form the morning "shoot" Blind people would not be able to appreciate photography. I guess if I go blind (completely....I am already blind) I will have music to fall back on.

Anyway, here is one from this morning that turned out okay. I love making pictures and will always love doing it.

4 comments:

  1. That's a cool pic. I like the dark windows... it almost looks mysterious or something. Where was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too! Technology is so cool! I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! yeah, where are you finding these things? in real life they just look trashy and you make them look vintage & cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this one too! It would go well in a grouping with the pictures of old vehicles you have. You need to post the ones you took at mirror lake! They are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete